Thursday, May 6, 2010

Paying For Promo

I'm not exactly sure how true this story is because it was told to me and I really don't have the inside scoop on it, but I found this to be very interesting and it shows the length some models are willing to go to get that extra attention or whatever you want to call it.

There was a concert/event that involved a major artist and there were a group of models that served as a promotional team. I saw a photo from this event and the models were not with the artist that they were promoting and didn't get the chance to get that close to the artist. But I was later told that not only were these models not paid to be a part of this event but they were required to pay to attend the event and purchase the matching outfits.

Now how much sense does that make? I have to drive (gas money) to you and when I get there I have to put on this sexy uniform (clock in) and promote (work) you and then I have to pay you to be a part of your event where I NEVER get the chance to meet you. Come on now. Let's rewind! That's doing waaaay too much. We spoke about things being worth the experience earlier but we didn't say be a fool and pay someone to work for them. We're not trying to run a brothel. My goodness!!!

What are your thoughts?

Let me know,
Supermodel Dominique

No comments: