Wednesday, May 5, 2010

For The Professionals

Hello, readers. It's been a while I know, but I've been working on plenty of other projects so I'll have plenty of updates for you. Some will be oldies but goodies, but you may enjoy and/or learn from them.

This blog is connected to a blog that was posted almost a year ago, Leave Your Contact Info. After that incident, I posted a note on that social networking site so that people wouldn't be confused when contacting me or so that I wouldn't be confused and it would save a lot of time. (Note posted below)

Professionals: This is strictly directed towards professionals and those who claim to be!!! Please do NOT send vague emails requesting information from me without stating why. If you are inquiring about working with me, trust that it is as simple as saying so. Don't ask for my email address, phone number, or any of my contact information just because. Thank you!!! smile

I didn't find that to be rude or anything of that nature. Most people expect information upon contact anyway unless you are simply greeting and moving forward. But it obviously pissed someone off as if I cared. Now this guy (photographer...as he's labeled himself) from Puerto Rico takes time to find me, stumble across, or whatever you want to call it and actually READ my about me section and I guess upset himself. So he copies and pastes the above mentioned note and sends it to me in a message followed by the following:


How in the world does an amateur model with amateur photos holding a gun have the nerve to say something like this on their bio? Are you serious darling?

R

I'm like wow. Out of all of my bio that's the part that angers you. I mean seriously did you have intent on asking for my number with no real purpose. So the best thing you can think to do is criticize my opinion about handing out my phone number. Whether he thinks I'm amateur not had nothing to do with it so he sounded idiotic for even bringing that up especially since I hadn't mentioned anything about the quality of someone's work before they contacted me. Generally being a model had nothing to do with it. Was I serious? I wrote it didn't I?

My response:
As serious as a heart attack darling! If you don't like it, that's fine. No one asked for your opinion. It's as simple as read and move on to someone you don't feel is so amateur. Have a nice life and keep your disrespectful thoughts for someone else.

His final response:
OKAY smile

Now that that's out of the way, what did he want me to say or do? Take it down? Undo my photo? He obviously went through my port looking for a photo that he didn't or wouldn't like because that photo definitely wasn't the first photo. But it does have 25 great comments on it from people who enjoyed the photo (see above). So, of course, I checked out his portfolio containing 4 photos and that only had one comment on one of the photos.

Oh how I wish I could as professional and loved as he!

Yeah right,
Supermodel Dominique

No comments: