Monday, May 11, 2009

The Right Photographer

This one photographer had nice photos and offered to work with me. He was very cool. I actually met with him before working with him, but it turns out that our first shoot, he was, as he call it, "struggling to stay professional." There weren't any real boundaries crossed unless you think that whatever goes on inside a man's head when he sees a beautiful woman is wrong. Everyone now and again an mmm! mmm! mmm! would escape but plenty of people do crazy things on set. But this one fell under the category of being too sexy for my work because I never received the images from that shoot. I did that photo shoot back in November of 2007 and never received one image from it. I got to view them after the shoot and he said he'd edit them and post them online and gave me a password where I could view them online but each time I went to the website there was no way for me to log in so I called and he state that he had been so busy that he hadn't had time to upload the photos yet, but they would definitely be there at the end of the week. So now the whole holiday season is over and a new year has rolled in and the photos still hadn't made it to the website, but I could come pick them up if I wanted which I most certainly did.

Months later...
So he tells me to meet him at his other studio because that's where he'd be which was very far from my house but it was still within the city. The studio I did the shoot at was moments from my house and was a public location so I assumed this one would be as well since he had not stated otherwise but this was obviously a home studio and to this day I haven't seen anything in his port that looks like it was shot in that location which doesn't mean that it wasn't. I'm just stating my view.
Plus plenty of photographers use their home as a studio. So he took off his shoes and went to grab his laptop. He came back and showed me the photos again and pointed out his favorites. So there I was waiting for him to put the images on CD which i felt should have already been on CD by the time I got there especially considering the amount of time that had passed since the shoot. So he went to get to a CD, but before he left he was like you can take your shoes off, lay back and relax if you want. I'm thinking to myself: Why in the hell would I want to do that? But I spoke different words. 'In fact, I don't think I will. I'll just wait.'So he left the room for a couple of minutes and returned with the same thing he left with...nothing. He said, "Oh. I just remembered that I forgot the CD's at my other studio." Yeah right!!! So why in the hell did you have me drive all the way out here? I think we all know that answer but seriously did I look that dumb?!
I replied, " oh that's cool because I brought a flash drive just for the photos."
"I can't put them on there because the files are so large they just wouldn't fit but stop by my other studio later today and you can pick them up."

Okay. Well it seemed to me that I could have just waited until later. Plus that would have been more convenient for me in the first place. Plus I knew he was lying about the whole flash drive thing anyway. So I was like you know it doesn't really matter. I've lost pictures before and this of course would now become a part of that that category. So I told him: You know I think I better get going. He told me to call him later and I left.

I didn't call him later and I never got those photos, but every now and again, he'd contact me about shooting with him again and I was like umm seriously. I never got the last photos and you want me to shoot with you again on the whim that I'll be able to pick up the photos from the last shoot at this shoot. No thanks. I recreated that shoot (with myself)and thought nothing else about those photos. I think mine came out just as nice. Plus I was guaranteed the photos. See above for an example of my version.

Signing out, 
Supermodel Dominique

No comments: