Monday, May 11, 2009

Novice Model

A model that has been modeling less than a year complimented my looks and body, but not so much on my photos. She said they weren't professional enough.She said that if I came to her city, The Fashion Capital, she would refer me to a good photographer. I thanked her for her compliments and critiques as anyone should. But on the flipside, I look like a damn fool going all the way to New York just for some damn photos. If I go I need a job. There's good photographers in Memphis. I just don't wanna get caught up in taking photos and forgetting to market myself like I should. The photos I have are the ones that got me my paying jobs.Yet, I understand because portfolios always need updates.

The thing is when I looked through her photos I saw that a lot of them were on my level and some not even that good. Her posing needed a lot of work cause she looked lost on several and the photo that caught my eye the most was the one where she had on this fly lingerie set but umm she forgot to remove the pubic hair that's crawling down her thighs. I'm like she should have checked that AND the photographer should have been nice enough to say something about that or retouch it or something. lol. I surely hope that isn't who she's going to refer me to because I think photographer's should at least tell you if something doesn't look right, but I'm not sure if he did or didn't.

I didn't say anything about that though because that just would have made it seem like I couldn't accept criticism. I'm not gone lie. There are some people that can't tell me nothing, but she's not one. I respect her. but this is just something I wanted to share.

As Beyonce' said, "Check On It!"
Supermodel Dominique

No comments: